Organizing the Man Cave
Some men like to call the garage the ‘man cave' while women like to think of it as a place where their significant others try to fix the household items that break or build something from scratch.
With Father's Day approaching, it's a great time to think of ideas or plans to organize the garage/‘man cave' to make the space a sanctuary. It's hard to get motivated if your garage is a complete disaster. The last thing one wants to do is look for their toolbox that's hidden, a rack, or even the snow shovel. Organizing the space with shelving racks and a dozen drawers can help with easy access and can make room for more storage in the space.
Here are some ideas for DIY simple tricks to help your start your process:
Magnetic Strip for the new Tool Bar
- The magnetic strip for the tools is the new concept chef's use to adhere their knives. The concept makes the kitchen organized, so why not bring it into the garage. Instead of rummaging through drawers trying to find the correct bit, screws, or nails; it will be within arms reach. It also looks very decorative in the space if it is okay to say decorative when referring to a 'man cave'.
Photo Credit: BHG
Recycle Bin Hangers
- Take a few pieces of scrap wood, blot them to the wall for easy access and removal, instead of stacking each on top of one another. "Check out the detailed instructions over at Handyman."
Reuse the Paper Towel Holder (On Wall or Counter)
One clever idea that can make your life more organized and make ti easy to throw away items is to use an old paper towel holder. Whether it's bolted to the wall or on the counter space, use the tool for your garage bags and recycle the box. You will also need a skinny rod to ensure that it will fit through the small opening in the center of the garbage bags.
Photo Credit: Uploaded to Pinterest
Tin Can Wall Storage
- People usually recycle food cans after they have opened them. How about using them as storage in the garage? You can drill a hole in the center of the top of the can. Cans may be fastened to the walls using a pegboard and used to hold brushes, sponges, and other tools.
Photo Credit: hi Sugarplum
- Start saving those mason jars. Using these jars, you can store and label all your nails, screws and bolts or any small parts. Storage these jars on your storage shelving.
Photo Credit: Chez Larsson
DIY Tape Dispenser
- Tape is always hard to find. Scrambling through drawers tends to be annoying. This DIY tape dispenser will make your tape problems a solution, especially for the garage or workshop!
Photo Credit: American Woodworker
DIY Screwdriver Rack
- Nothing looks more organized than all your screwdriver tools organized in the 'man cave'. Drill a few holes and cut brackets for mounting, and you're done. Go check out the details and instructions over at Fresh Crush.
Photo Credit: Fresh Crush
Those are just a few highlights from a list of 28 ideas. You can see more of them in the slide presentation here. If you have ideas to add to the list then add them in the comment section below.